Pages

Saturday 6 August 2016

When Two Becomes Three


On July 1st my husband Jordan and I decided to start trying to conceive! I can't even tell you how incredible the moment was when we made that decision. Being a mother is something I have wanted my entire life. We decided, we cried together, and then we tried. A lot. ;) 

On Aug 1st we found out that we are expecting our first child! I am so happy to announce this to the world as this is one of the happiest times of my entire life. (I will soon be writing a post about why I am not waiting to announce it). 

The actual process of finding out was a total gong show. The first two tests I took (not pictured here) were negative. I had taken them both quite early so there was still a chance. Once I missed my period I took another two that you can see on the bottom below. Both of them BARELY showed the second line. I was hopeful but not convinced. So we decided to splurge for the $20 digital test and after 3 agonizing minutes of waiting we saw the YES+. It was probably the happiest moment of my life, so far. 

All that to say, I highly recommend that, if you think you are pregnant, splurge for the expensive digital test because when you see that YES+ there is really no debating/doubting it. 


My baby is due to arrive in April of 2017. The last few weeks have been kinda crazy. A lot is going on in our lives and getting pregnant is only a part of it! I am keeping this announcement post short, but I will be following up with a lot more details on what is going on in the Brown household. 

Jordan and I are incredibly happy and so so excited for this journey together. I feel so deeply blessed to have been able to conceive so quickly. I know this is not always the case for a lot of women. I am thanking the Lord and praying diligently over this little one and I trust God to do the knitting that only He can do! 

Here is a picture of me looking like a total wreck a few minutes after we found out. (Believe me, those are VERY happy tears). 



Has anyone else taken an obscene amount of tests because they just can't believe it? What was it like when you found out? 


No comments:

Post a Comment