Pages

Wednesday 21 June 2017

Our Big Weekend


This last weekend was a big one! My husband, Jordan, had his very last exam of his degree on Friday and he is officially done! It has been a long 4 years and it feels really good to finally have a husband who is not a student. On Saturday was Jordan's birthday, and on Sunday was his very first Father's Day as a dad! I knew this weekend was coming for a while and really wanted to make it special for him. But I also knew that we are in a tight financial spot so I had to be creative. Here's what I did!

On Friday I booked a babysitter for the evening and planned to meet Jordan at the University when he finished his exam. Then we would head to Famoso for dinner (courtesy of a gift card from a lovely friend)! I bought a bottle of sparkling cider and grabbed two wine glasses and planned to surprise him with a toast in celebration when he came out of his exam.

Unfortunately, he was done his exam early and I didn't get out of the house before he was finished. So I got him to meet me at the restaurant instead. It also starting pouring rain like crazy but I didn't let it discourage me. When Jordan pulled up to the restaurant I was standing in the rain with the bottle and glasses and we toasted in the rain! We then had a great time having dinner and dessert, Jordan opened his grad present, and we headed home to watch a movie before bed.



The next day, for Jordans birthday, I got up early and made a yummy breakfast. We ate together, Jordan opened his birthday gift, and then we packed a picnic lunch. I secretly packed an extra sandwich because we were going to pick up our friend Mitchell on our way to ELK ISLAND! Jordan didn't know we were bringing Mitchell so that was a surprise along the way. I had never been to Elk Island before so it was exciting. We drove out there and randomly found the Canada 150 chairs so, naturally, we had to do a photo shoot!





Next, we had a picnic lunch and a yummy birthday cake that Mitchell brought! Afterward, we went on a nice walk in the woods and it was great until the mosquitos drove us out. We saw so many Bison and just watched them for at least half an hour.





Once we got back into town we dropped off Henley at my in-laws, went for burgers and took a nice drive. After that, we had dessert with my in-laws and went home to bed. The next morning, Jordan opened his Fathers Day gift and we went to church. Afterward, we went out for an awesome lunch with my in-laws! That afternoon Jordan spent time with Henley while I had a nap. It was lovely.


It was a great weekend and it was so fun to celebrate Jordan and spend so much time together! Stay tuned for an in-depth post about what Father's Day means to me! 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Jordan!
    Good job Julia in making this a very special weekend!
    This is one that you will look back on with fond memory!
    Isabelle & Kevin

    ReplyDelete